If you can't find the answer below to a question you have, you can email me (Jessica) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does The Skin Silking Mitt work?
Our mitts are made in Turkey by weaving plant and vegetable silk fibers, using the same methods that have been around for centuries.
For over 500 years, the Turkish have been performing a skin treatment called 'Kese', which means 'peeling'. The Kese loosens the top layer of dead skin to reveal fresher, brighter, healthier skin.
How it is different from other exfoliating mitts?
The very unique weave of the mitt's fabric is what makes it so effective. The texture is NOTHING like other exfoliating mitts.
At first it feels super soft, then when you wet it the mitt stiffens. As it glides up and down on your skin, the woven texture literally 'catches' dead skin without doing any damage or causing any irritation. It's a very satisfying feeling!
Can you use the mitt on your face?
Yes, you can! I would recommend being gentle around sensitive areas such as your eyes, but it is absolutely suitable for your face. Try not to go over the same area too much, as skin on the face is finer than that on the body.
Can the mitt help with cellulite?
I have found so! The mitt works to increase circulation blood flow to the skin, which is essential for healthy skin function and toxin elimination. Using the mitt once to twice a week will increase circulation a lot, and can make the appearance of cellulite considerably less.
What are the benefits of using the mitt?
- Brightens the skin and encourages newer, fresher skin to grow
- Can reduce the appearance of redness and scarring
- Tackles breakouts and blackheads by removing dead skin that can cause blockages
- Reduces the appearance of large, open pores
- Reveals brighter, more radiant skin
- Eliminates dry skin
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Promotes circulation and boosts the body's natural ability to produce Collagen and Elastin (essential for anti-aging, anti-cellulite)
- Purges the pores of grease, dirt and oil
- Reduces the appearance of 'chicken skin' (known as Keratosis Pilaris) which often forms as tiny bumps on the back of the arms
- Buffs chapped lips making them soft and plump
- Detoxes by allowing the body to effectively eliminate toxins through the skin
- Oxygenates the skin
- Frees and prevents ingrown hairs
- Softens the skin *you may feel the sudden desire to ask complete strangers to touch your skin to feel how soft it is!
- Increases the benefits of your skincare products, as it eliminates layers of dead skin cells and increases penetration into the complexion
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and encourages the production of Collagen and Elastin which are essential 'building blocks' for the skin
- Makes skin on the entire body look more flawless, even and more toned
- Creates a better canvas for makeup, giving you a glowy, dewy more airbrushed finish
Makes fake tan look more natural and last longer (often it can last up to 2-3 days more than normal as you're no longer applying products to areas of built up dead skin)
Does it help with dry skin?
Yes! The mitt is fantastic if you suffer from dry/dull skin. It will gently remove the outer layers of skin and reveal plumper, brighter and softer skin. Make sure to moisturise after using the mitt to get the best results. Moisturiser and other hydrating products will also absorb a lot better and work more effectively now your skin is less dry.
How long does it take it see results?
The effects on the skin are instant - right after your first use you will notice a significant improvement in the brightness and overall texture and softness of your skin. Then, results are cumulative, meaning the more you use the mitt the better the results. I particularly found with my acne scarring that I noticed them fading 3-4 uses in (nearly a month after starting).
Can I use this with active breakouts/acne?
Although the mitt is great for post acne/breakout scarring, I would not recommend using it on active breakouts. This is because it can transfer bacteria on your skin and cause infections (as technically, a pimple is an open wound). I would highly recommend seeing a Dermatologist like I did to treat the breakouts first. Then, the mitt will help to reduce the appearance of scarring and prevent future breakouts by removing built up dead skin which can lead to clogged pores.
How did you clear your acne?
As mentioned, I saw a Dermatologist and used medication to treat my breakouts. This, however, did not treat the skin damage I was left with (scarring, redness, pigmentation). I was recommended to get skin laser or needling done, however I could not justify the (enormous!) costs involved. This was why I was desperate for a solution (and how Skin Silking was born!).
How much is shipping?
As I am based in Australia, I have made shipping FREE for all Australian customers (yay!). For the rest of the world, shipping is $10 AUD.
Does it hurt to use?
Not at all! The sensation is quite satisfying, actually. When you wet the mitt, it transforms from a soft/silky texture to a more stiff feeling. You can definitely feel it taking effect as you rub it over your skin, with some even see the dead skin balling up as you use it. Many of our customers describe this process as "gross, yet very satisfying!".
How do I use the mitt?
I will include in your order full instructions on how to get the best results from your mitt. It required a 5-10 minute hot shower (this softens the outer layers of skin and is an essential step to the process!). Then, you step out of the water, wet the mitt and wring it out. Then, applying medium pressure, rub the mitt in long 'upwards and downwards' motions (but never circular). Keep doing this over the entire body, working from section to section.
How often should I use the mitt?
For the best results, once a week is sufficient if done properly. I wouldn't recommend much more than this, as it's quite intense exfoliation!
Does everyone see skin rolling off as they use it?
Most do, but it depends on the individual and how much build-up they might have. I have found that the most essential part of getting these results is to ensure you have a long, hot shower beforehand. This really is the 'make or break' of what kind of results you are going to achieve, as it softens the outer layers of your skin and makes them 'catch' better on the mitt grooves.
How do I clean my mitt?
After use, hand wash your mitt under warm water by lathering with natural hand or body wash. Rinse and hang to dry completely. DO NOT put your mitt into the washing machine, as this can damage those amazing fibers!