Jessica answers your questions!
How is The Skin Silking Mitt different to other exfoliators? How exactly does it work?
There is a reason we say "The Magic is in the Fabric" - because it is! The Skin Silking Mitt is made by weaving together plant fibers in a special cross-hatched pattern. This creates a 'skin peeling' effect by catching and balling up dead skin and impurities on the surface of the skin, revealing super soft and glowing skin beneath. You may think you have been exfoliating properly, then you try our mitt and see all the dead skin peel away and realise you have not been!
What does The Skin Silking Mitt actually help with?
There are many amazing benefits to this beauty ritual and too many to mention, so here is a list of the main skin and health benefits!
- Can reduce the appearance of redness and scarring
- Tackles breakouts and blackheads by removing dead skin that can cause blockages
- Reduces the appearance of large, open pores
- Reveals brighter, more radiant skin
- Eliminates dry skin
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Promotes circulation and boosts the body's natural ability to produce Collagen and Elastin (essential for anti-aging, anti-cellulite)
- Purges the pores of grease, dirt and oil
- Reduces the appearance of 'chicken skin' (known as Keratosis Pilaris) which often forms as tiny bumps on the back of the arms
- Expertly buffs chapped lips making them soft and plump
- Detoxes by allowing the body to effectively eliminate toxins through the skin
- Oxygenates the skin
- Free and prevents ingrown hairs
- Softens the skin *you may feel the sudden desire to ask complete strangers to touch your skin to feel how soft it is!
- Increases the benefits of your skincare products, as it eliminates layers of dead skin cells and increases penetration into the complexion
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and encourages the production of Collagen and Elastin which are essential 'building blocks' for the skin
- Makes skin on the entire body look more flawless, even and more toned
- Smoothes your lips and makes them appear more plumped and pink (wonderful for those who suffer from chapped lips)
- Creates a better canvas for makeup, giving you a glowy, dewy more airbrushed finish
- Makes fake tan look more natural and last longer (often it can last up to 2-3 days more than normal as you're no longer applying products to areas of built up dead skin)
Does The Skin Silking Mitt help with acne?
We wouldn't advise using the mitt on active breakouts, as this can spread bacteria and make the condition worse. However, The Skin Silking Mitt is wonderful at helping resurface the skin and reducing the appearing of scarring and pigmentation left as a result of the breakouts.
How do you use the mitt?
Every order comes with detailed instructions of how to best use your Skin Silking Mitt. You can download a digital version of it here.